Hours of operation:
Museum Public Hours
Monday-Sunday: 10 am - 5 pm
Starting September 1, 2015
Tuesday-Sunday: 10 am - 5 pm
Closed Mondays and Statutory Holidays.
Hours & Directions
Get Directions to Beaty Museum
2212 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z4
Please note Main Mall and parts of East Mall and University Boulevard are closed to vehicular traffic.
- From 4th or 10th Ave.: Turn south on Wesbrook Mall, take the right lane passing the UBC Hospital and turn right on Agronomy Road. Turn right at East Mall then turn right into the driveway for Health Sciences Parkade.
- From 16th Ave.: Continue through the roundabout staying on 16th, then turn right on East Mall. Turn right into the driveway for Health Sciences Parkade.
- From SW Marine Dr.: Turn right on 16th Ave., then left on East Mall. Turn right into the driveway for Health Sciences Parkade.
Walking from Health Sciences Parkade: exit the parkade and find East Mall, along the west side of the parkade. Walk north to the 4-way stop, and cross East Mall at the pedestrian crosswalk. Follow the asphalt path that goes through the grassy area. Proceed up the ramp on your left, the front door is at the top of the ramp, under the breezeway. Video directions or detailed walking directions (PDF).
For visitors with mobility issues: a passenger drop-off is available. Going north on East Mall, turn left on Biological Sciences Lane, before the Bookstore. Turn left at the roundabout with the trees and stop to allow passengers to disembark. Please note there is no parking at this location.
The nearest parking is in Health Sciences Parkade, one block south of the museum across East Mall (video directions walking from the parkade to the museum). Short-term parking is available near the UBC Bookstore. For parking rates and alternate parking options, see UBC Visitor Parking.
School Bus Drop Off
We have passenger drop-off accessed from East Mall via Biological Sciences Road (located between Michael Smith Laboratories and the Food, Nutrition, and Health Buildings). School busses can be parked on East Mall, south of Stadium Road (approximately a 15-20 minute walk).
Via Public Transportation
UBC is easy to get to on transit (take any bus headed for UBC, these include the 4, 14, 43, 44, 84, 99, and 480) and we are a short walk from the bus loops (video directions).
- Come in along 10th Ave./University Blvd., there's a separate bike lane.
- Go straight through the intersection of University Blvd. and Wesbrook Mall, following the indicated bike path.
- Go straight at East Mall, heading up through the right side of the parking lot and entering the restricted vehicle zone.
- Turn left on Main Mall, heading south.
- The museum will be on your left, there's a low sign, and you should see the whale. There are plenty of bike racks near the museum entrance.