Share your love of the natural world with others by joining the Beaty Biodiversity Museum’s volunteer team!
The Beaty Biodiversity Museum is a public museum dedicated to enhancing the public's understanding and appreciation of biodiversity, and making the research conducted by the scientists of UBC's Biodiversity Research Centre more accessible to the public. Volunteers will play a vital role in helping the museum achieve this mission.
Why Volunteer at the Beaty?
- Continually expand your knowledge on biodiversity and UBC biodiversity research through exclusive training and development opportunities
- Work alongside museum staff and researchers
- Gain valuable experience
- Provide valuable feedback to staff on museum programs
- Receive invitations to special volunteer appreciation events and exclusive Biodiversity Research Centre presentations & lectures
- Receive complimentary admission to the museum
Am I Eligible?
- Minimum Age: you must be at least 16 years old
- Commitment: a minimum of four, 4.25 hour shifts per month
- Screening and Training: you must be able to participate in a face-to-face interview and attend a training session
- Communication requirements: for all positions that interact with the public, you must speak English fluently and be outgoing and comfortable speaking in front of people
- You must be willing to obtain a criminal record check
Current Volunteer Opportunities
RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED.
If you have any questions or would like to be notified of upcoming recruitment opportunities, please email email@example.com
How do I apply?
Step 1: Check our Current Volunteer Opportunities to find a volunteer role with requirements and training that match your skills, interests and availability.
Step 2: Complete the online Volunteer Application Form (currently closed)
Step 3: You will receive an automatic reply to confirm that we have received your application. If there is a suitable volunteer opportunity for you, we will contact you to set up a time for a group face-to-face interview in the first two weeks of April.
Step 4: Attend the group interview.
Step 5: If we are able to match your skills and interests with an existing volunteer position, you will be invited to join our volunteer team.
Step 6: Attend training sessions for your role.
Step 7: Begin your role as a member of our amazing volunteer team!