Share your love of the natural world with others by joining the Beaty Biodiversity Museum’s volunteer team!
The Beaty Biodiversity Museum is a public museum dedicated to enhancing the public's understanding and appreciation of biodiversity, and making the research conducted by the scientists of UBC's Biodiversity Research Centre more accessible to the public. Volunteers will play a vital role in helping the museum achieve this mission.
Why Volunteer at the Beaty?
- Continually expand your knowledge on biodiversity and UBC biodiversity research through exclusive training and development opportunities
- Work alongside museum staff and researchers
- Gain valuable experience
- Provide valuable feedback to staff on museum programs
- Receive invitations to special volunteer appreciation events and exclusive Biodiversity Research Centre presentations & lectures
- Receive complimentary admission to the museum
Am I Eligible?
- Minimum Age: you must be at least 16 years old
- Commitment: please check the full volunteer position descriptions for minimum time commitment
- Screening and Training: you must be able to participate in a face-to-face interview and attend training sessions
- Communication requirements: for all positions that interact with the public, you must speak English fluently and be outgoing and comfortable speaking in front of people
- You must have valid medical insurance
- You must be legally eligible to volunteer in Canada
Current Volunteer Opportunities
RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED. We train new volunteers a few times a year so if you are interested in volunteering you can still get in touch and we will contact you when next recruit for volunteers.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Museum Educators are volunteers who are passionate about biodiversity and education. Museum Educators engage museum visitors in the wonder of biodiversity through a variety of activities, kids programs, museum specimens and storytelling. See the job description below for more details on specific responsibilities and training dates.
Events Assistants provide support during a wide range of museum special events, including lectures and evening functions. If you enjoy interacting with others and are primarily available evenings and weekends, this may be the volunteer role for you. See the job description for more details.
How do I apply?
Step 1: Check our Current Volunteer Opportunities to find a volunteer role with requirements and training that match your skills, interests and availability.
Step 2: Complete the online Volunteer Application Form.
Step 3: We will contact you if a suitable volunteer opportunity is available and set up a time for a group face-to-face interview.
Step 4: Attend interview.
Step 5: If we are able to match your skills and interests with an existing volunteer position, you will be invited to join our volunteer team.
Step 6: Attend training sessions for your role.
Step 7: Begin your role as a member of our amazing volunteer team!